Est Wall Sconce
Note: This product is no longer available.
Design by Rodolfo Dordoni, 1998.
The graceful Est Wall Sconce makes a statement with glass in two colors. The white glass body features a blue glass filter that provides an accent at the center and base. Est includes a white powder-coated steel wall mounting plate.
Ships in 2 cartons.
Dimensions: 11.4" Dia X 9.8" H
Bulbs: 1 X 200W RSC base T4 halogen lamp (included)
Designer: Rodolfo Dordoni
Rodolfo Dordoni, born in 1954 in Milan, became a prominent architect and designer from the legendary stable of the "Milan Elite" which include Antonio Citterio, Castiglioni, and Marco Zanuso.
Originally pursuing architecture and industrial design upon graduating from the Politecnico University in 1979, Rodolfo Dordoni has since discovered a broad spectrum covering architecture, art direction, interior design and product design. In whichever form, Rodolfo Dordoni's design is famed for its formal stringency, elegance, essentiality, and innovative details. Rodolfo Dordoni's personal signature is unmistakable.
After being responsible for the art direction of Artemide (glass collection), Cappellini (from 1979 to 1989), Fontana Arte (furniture collection), Foscarini (lamps), Minotti (since 1998) and Roda (since 2006), Rodolfo Dordoni designs today for various companies, including: Artemide, Cassina, Dornbracht, Driade, Emu, Ernestomeda, Fiam Italia, Flos, Flou, Fontana Arte, Foscarini, Jab, MatteoGrassi, Minotti, Molteni, Moroso, Olivari, Pamar, Roda, RB Rossana, Sambonet, Serralunga, The Rug Company, Venini. DORDONI ARCHITETTI, founded in association with architects Alessandro Acerbi and Luca Zaniboni, who worked in Rodolfo Dordoni's studio for many years, focuses its activity on both architectural planning and interior design, all around the world, designing houses and residential buildings, industrial and commercial areas such as offices, stores and showrooms, restaurants, hotels, as well as many exhibit stands for diverse companies in different fields.View other products by Rodolfo Dordoni
FLOS was founded in 1962 are the Italian Lighting Specialists. The very same year FLOS began producing a number of lamps that were to become classics in Italian industrial design. These first lamps were Arco, Relemme, Toio and Taccia — all designed by Achille and Piergiacomo Castiglioni. As a tangible proof of FLOS Lighting's timeless design and technical excellence, these lamps continue to be produced today.
It all started with cocoon...
In 1959 Arturo Eisenkeil from Merano, an importer of cocoon — a spray-on plastic coating produced in the United States - was tracking down possible applications for this new material. He joined forces with Dino Gavina and Cesare Cassina and set up a company to produce lighting fixtures. This marked the beginning of the long-standing association in the area of design with the Castiglioni brothers and Tobia Scarpa. The first cocoon lamps ever created were the offspring of this collaboration: Viscontea, Taraxacum and Gatto by the Castiglioni brothers and Fantasma by Scarpa.
FLOS moved from Merano to the province of Brescia in 1964: At first to Nave and then to the current premises in Bovezzo. Sergio Gandini became chairman of FLOS in 1965. In 1974, the company became the owner of Arteluce — one of the key Italian companies in the industrial design sector. Gino Sarfatti, an industrialist and designer, is the founder of Arteluce. Several models designed by Sarfatti himself have been incorporated into the product range.
From the very outset, FLOS has been characterized by its high-quality approach to lamp design and production. Many of the numerous lamps designed for the company, first by Achille and Piergiacomo, are undoubtedly some of FLOS Lighting's best-known and most successful products of industrial design. They have won awards and historical critical accolades, and are included in all the most important collections and design museums around the world.View other products from Flos