Glo-Ball W Wall SconcePrice: $395.00
Designed by the renowned Jasper Morrison, 1999.
The Glo-Ball W is a beautiful hand-blown opal white glass globe that provides diffused light. The diffuser is hand blown, externally acid-etched flashed opaline glass with a alodine-plated die-cast aluminum threaded ring nut. The wall fitting is made of galvanized pressed steel.
Material(s): Glass, steel
Dimensions: 12.9" W X 10.2" H X 6.2" Ext
Bulbs: 1 X 100W T10 halogen lamp (included)
Designer: Jasper Morrison
Jasper Morrison is one of today's most influential industrial designers. He is renowned for his elegant and straightforward style. Born in London in 1959, Morrison studied at the Royal College of Art in London. He pursued further studies at the Hochschule der Künste in Berlin on a fellowship. In 1986 he founded his own design studio in London.
Jasper Morrison became a leading figure of "New Simplicity", a movement that advocated a more modest and also more serious approach to design. In addition to furniture, he has also created lamps, home accessories, textiles, a tram system for the city of Hanover, Germany, and a bus shelter for the Vitra Campus in Weil am Rhein.View other products by Jasper Morrison
FLOS was founded in 1962 are the Italian Lighting Specialists. The very same year FLOS began producing a number of lamps that were to become classics in Italian industrial design. These first lamps were Arco, Relemme, Toio and Taccia — all designed by Achille and Piergiacomo Castiglioni. As a tangible proof of FLOS Lighting's timeless design and technical excellence, these lamps continue to be produced today.
It all started with cocoon...
In 1959 Arturo Eisenkeil from Merano, an importer of cocoon — a spray-on plastic coating produced in the United States - was tracking down possible applications for this new material. He joined forces with Dino Gavina and Cesare Cassina and set up a company to produce lighting fixtures. This marked the beginning of the long-standing association in the area of design with the Castiglioni brothers and Tobia Scarpa. The first cocoon lamps ever created were the offspring of this collaboration: Viscontea, Taraxacum and Gatto by the Castiglioni brothers and Fantasma by Scarpa.
FLOS moved from Merano to the province of Brescia in 1964: At first to Nave and then to the current premises in Bovezzo. Sergio Gandini became chairman of FLOS in 1965. In 1974, the company became the owner of Arteluce — one of the key Italian companies in the industrial design sector. Gino Sarfatti, an industrialist and designer, is the founder of Arteluce. Several models designed by Sarfatti himself have been incorporated into the product range.
From the very outset, FLOS has been characterized by its high-quality approach to lamp design and production. Many of the numerous lamps designed for the company, first by Achille and Piergiacomo, are undoubtedly some of FLOS Lighting's best-known and most successful products of industrial design. They have won awards and historical critical accolades, and are included in all the most important collections and design museums around the world.View other products from Flos