PuraVida Widespread Faucet
Since the humble beginnings in 1901 in Black Forest, Germany, Hans Grohe, the founder of Hansgrohe, pioneered the sanitation industry. Two years after leaving his weaving career in Luckenwalde in 1899, he founded a metal pressing workshop where Hans Grohe took his passion for water to the next level. The brand then began as just a three-man show, dedicated to producing the world's earliest contemporary showers. The company's success during the 20th century became global, leading the market in brilliant design and inventive technology for faucets and showers.
Hans Grohe's visions and designs are achieved through close collaboration with internationally renowned and award-winning designers who are dedicated to the highest in quality and modern design while preserving our most precious resources.
Reflecting lifestyles of today and trends of tomorrow, Hansgrohe creations are as varied as the people for whom they are made. The innovative style caters to those who demand architectural originality, enduring quality, and respectful use of water. In 2006, Hansgrohe received a wide collection of design awards such as the iF Product Design award for the ShowerArc, as well as Chicago Athenaeum's Good Design Award for its Raindance AIR showerheads and handshowers.
Indisputably, thses bathrooms are works of art offering a tranquil and intimate space for cleansing and rejuvenating the self. These products aim to breathe fresh life into bathrooms and encourage a new way of looking at how water is used.
- 1901 - Hans Grohe (1871-1955) founded The Hansgrohe Group in Black Forest, Germany.
- 1987 - Develops the first water-saving shower, which reduced water usage to 50%.
- 1993 - Axor is established as Hansgrohe's premier line.
- 2001 - The Pontos grey water recycling system is developed to treat shower and bath water, making it reusable for toilet flushing and other uses.
- 2009 - Development of Eco-Smart technology, which reduces water consumption of all mixers from 7 liters to 5 liters per minute through a pressure-independent flow limiter.
Andreas Haug (born 1946) and Tom Schonherr (born 1954) of Phoenix Design set their standards high for innovative bathroom faucets that not only conserve resources, but also add luxurious presence to the modern washroom. From making memorable designs in Stuttgart to launching Phoenix Design in 1987, Haug and Schonherr consistently meet the modern demand for minimalistic and impressive bathroom solutions.View other products by Phoenix Design