New Eames® Lounge Chair with Ottoman, EbonyPrice: $5,789.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
New Ebony introduction, 2014. Original design by Charles & Ray Eames, 1956.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
The timeless, supremely comfortable Eames® Lounge Chair and Ottoman delivers a remarkable change with its newest Ebony incarnation. Darkly handsome, the classic silhouettes feature molded shells in ash wood, stained in a deep Ebony finish.
Plush seating is upholstered in premium MCL Black leather. This natural, full grain leather will acquire wrinkles and creases and develop a rich patina with age, as intended by the Eameses for this design. The Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman are modern classics built to stand the test of time. And the Eames® Ebony set takes on a sophisticated, darker style that complements modern living spaces or offices with warmer tones or can accent a lighter space with its bold aesthetic.
- Sold here as a set, the Ebony Lounge Chair and Ebony Ottoman can be purchased separately
- Also available in White Ash or Classic finish options
- Fixed-height lounge chair with swivel mechanism
- Durable 7-ply wood veneer shells
- 6" thick foam cushions with leather upholstery
- Black enameled bases with polished aluminum trim
- Individually upholstered and replaceable cushions
- Interchangeable back cushions
- Resilient shock mounts made of natural rubber
- Base and back braces in die-cast aluminum
- Eames Logo stamped on the base of the chair as a sign of authenticity
- All pieces are hand assembled in the U.S.A.
- All veneers produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests
- 24% recycled materials used in constructing the chair and ottoman, which are 65% recyclable
- Backed by Herman Miller's 5 Year Warranty: View Here
Includes Free Threshold Delivery service
Material(s): Molded veneer, foam and aluminum with 100% leather
- Chair: 32.75"W X 32.75"D X 32"H
- Chair Seat Height: 15"H
- Ottoman: 26"W X 21.5"D X 17.25"H
Download Specifications: 1
Designer: Charles + Ray Eames
A chair that looked like a potato chip. Another that resembled a "well-used first baseman's mitt." A folding screen that rippled...
With a grand sense of adventure, Charles and Ray Eames turned their curiosity and boundless enthusiasm into creations that established them as a truly great husband-and-wife design team. Their unique synergy led to a whole new look in furniture. Lean and modern. Playful and functional. Sleek, sophisticated, and beautifully simple. That was and is the "Eames look."
That look and their relationship with Herman Miller started with molded plywood chairs in the late 1940s and includes the world-renowned Eames lounge chair, now in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.View other products by Charles + Ray Eames
Manufacturer: Herman Miller
Herman Miller®. Designing and building a better world around you.
Herman Miller has been dedicated to design for more than 75 years. With a design legacy that began under the leadership of Gilbert Rohde and George Nelson in the 1930s and 40s, the company gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture collection by the early 1950s, with chairs, sofas and tables for home and office by designers like Charles & Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. These icons of modern design developed products that still endure today. And, through continued innovation at the company and a new generation of designers and ideas, the products that Herman Miller makes today will endure for decades to come.
Herman Miller works for a better world around you. They do this by designing furnishings that improve the human experience - from pioneering the way for ergonomic office seating and furniture to stewarding environmental leadership in its business and manufacturing processes, product material useage and product life cycles. Herman Miller's longstanding commitment to the world around us continues to drive design solutions for the modern home and workspace. The company continues to develop its designer relationships with names like Yves Behar, Jeff Weber and Studio 7 adding lighting, storage and office collections to its catalog of design classics.View other products from Herman Miller