Eames® Lounge Chair with Ottoman, Santos Palisander - Quick Ship
Note: This product is no longer available.
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Charles & Ray Eames, 1956.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
The Eames® Lounge Chair and Ottoman are considered among the most significant and collectible furniture designs of the 20th century. When the set was introduced in 1956, there was nothing else like it. The design was completely new and merged comfort with a clean, yet welcoming aesthetic. Today, the pair remains a true icon of modern design. Built by hand, just as it was originally, the meticulously constructed set includes rich wood veneer shells with supple leather upholstered seating.
The timeless and luxurious Eames® Lounge Chair and companion Ottoman feature molded veneer seat and back shells, 6" thick foam cushions with leather upholstery and black enameled bases with polished aluminum trim. Cushions are individually upholstered and replaceable; back cushions are interchangeable and shock mounts are resilient natural rubber. Shells are made of a durable seven-ply wood veneer with base and back braces in die-cast aluminum. All pieces are hand assembled here in the U.S., and are produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests.
Available in other non-Quick Ship options, see Eames® Lounge Chair with Ottoman.
- Sold here as a set, the Eames® Lounge Chair and Eames® Ottoman can be purchased separately
- Also available in White Ash or Ebony
- Fixed-height lounge chair with swivel mechanism
- Durable 7-ply wood veneer shells
- 6" thick foam cushions, individually upholstered in leather, available in a range of colors/grades
- Black enameled bases with polished aluminum trim
- Individually upholstered and replaceable cushions
- Interchangeable back cushions
- Resilient shock mounts made of natural rubber
- Base and back braces in die-cast aluminum
- Eames Logo stamped on the base of the chair as a sign of authenticity
- All pieces are hand assembled in the U.S.A.
- All veneers produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests
- Available in several wood finishes
- Oiled finishes closely match the look and feel that was originally offered on this design and gives veneers a lustrous appearance; oiled finishes need to be maintained for years of enjoyment
- 24% recycled materials used in constructing the chair and ottoman, which are 65% recyclable
- Backed by Herman Miller's 5 Year Warranty: View Here
Designer: Charles + Ray Eames
With a grand sense of adventure, Charles and Ray Eames turned their curiosity and boundless enthusiasm into creations that established them as a truly great husband-and-wife design team. Their unique synergy led to a whole new look in furniture. Lean and modern. Playful and functional. Sleek, sophisticated, and beautifully simple. That was and is the "Eames look."
That look and their relationship with Herman Miller started with molded plywood chairs in the late 1940s and includes the world-renowned Eames lounge chair, now in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
In addition to his professional career, Mark has been an industrial design professor at Pratt Institute for 14 years. In his graduate furniture design class, students are responsible for the ideation, design, and execution of an actual piece of furniture. The emphasis of the course is to encourage students to develop their own individual point of view.View other products by Charles + Ray Eames
Manufacturer: Herman MillerHerman Miller has been dedicated to design for more than 75 years. With a design legacy that began under the leadership of Gilbert Rohde and George Nelson in the 1930s and 40s, the company gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture collection by the early 1950s, with chairs, sofas and tables for home and office by designers like Charles & Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. These icons of modern design developed products that still endure today. And, through continued innovation at the company and a new generation of designers and ideas, the products that Herman Miller makes today will endure for decades to come. Herman Miller works for a better world around you. They do this by designing furnishings that improve the human experience - from pioneering the way for ergonomic office seating and furniture to stewarding environmental leadership in its business and manufacturing processes, product material usage and product life cycles. Herman Miller's longstanding commitment to the world around us continues to drive design solutions for the modern home and workspace. The company continues to develop its designer relationships with names like Yves Behar, Jeff Weber and Studio 7 adding lighting, storage and office collections to its catalog of design classics. View other products from Herman Miller
Compare: $250.00 4.5 out of 5 (20)