Eames® Lounge Chair with Ottoman, Santos Palisander - Quick Ship
Note: This product is no longer available.
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Charles & Ray Eames, 1956.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
The Eames® Lounge Chair and Ottoman are considered among the most significant and collectible furniture designs of the 20th century. When the set was introduced in 1956, there was nothing else like it. The design was completely new and merged comfort with a clean, yet welcoming aesthetic. Today, the pair remains a true icon of modern design. Built by hand, just as it was originally, the meticulously constructed set includes rich wood veneer shells with supple leather upholstered seating.
The timeless and luxurious Eames® Lounge Chair and companion Ottoman feature molded veneer seat and back shells, 6" thick foam cushions with leather upholstery and black enameled bases with polished aluminum trim. Cushions are individually upholstered and replaceable; back cushions are interchangeable and shock mounts are resilient natural rubber. Shells are made of a durable seven-ply wood veneer with base and back braces in die-cast aluminum. All pieces are hand assembled here in the U.S., and are produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests.
Available in other non-Quick Ship options, see Eames® Lounge Chair with Ottoman.
- Sold here as a set, the Eames® Lounge Chair and Eames® Ottoman can be purchased separately
- Also available in White Ash or Ebony
- Fixed-height lounge chair with swivel mechanism
- Durable 7-ply wood veneer shells
- 6" thick foam cushions, individually upholstered in leather, available in a range of colors/grades
- Black enameled bases with polished aluminum trim
- Individually upholstered and replaceable cushions
- Interchangeable back cushions
- Resilient shock mounts made of natural rubber
- Base and back braces in die-cast aluminum
- Eames Logo stamped on the base of the chair as a sign of authenticity
- All pieces are hand assembled in the U.S.A.
- All veneers produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests
- Available in several wood finishes
- Oiled finishes closely match the look and feel that was originally offered on this design and gives veneers a lustrous appearance; oiled finishes need to be maintained for years of enjoyment
- 24% recycled materials used in constructing the chair and ottoman, which are 65% recyclable
- Backed by Herman Miller's 5 Year Warranty: View Here
Designer: Charles + Ray Eames
With a grand sense of adventure, Charles and Ray Eames turned their curiosity and boundless enthusiasm into creations that established them as a truly great husband-and-wife design team. Their unique synergy led to a whole new look in furniture. Lean and modern. Playful and functional. Sleek, sophisticated, and beautifully simple. That was and is the "Eames look."
That look and their relationship with Herman Miller started with molded plywood chairs in the late 1940s and includes the world-renowned Eames lounge chair, now in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
In addition to his professional career, Mark has been an industrial design professor at Pratt Institute for 14 years. In his graduate furniture design class, students are responsible for the ideation, design, and execution of an actual piece of furniture. The emphasis of the course is to encourage students to develop their own individual point of view.View other products by Charles + Ray Eames
Manufacturer: Herman Miller
Herman Miller has had a huge international following since the 1950's, including collections of modern furniture designed by icons like the Eameses, Girard, Nelson, and Noguchi.Herman Miller is a recognized innovator in contemporary home, healthcare, and office furniture design. Commitment to integrity in product quality and business relationships have developed through partnerships with some of the century's most outstanding designers.
By the early 1950s, Herman Miller gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture designs by the Eameses, Girard, Nelson, and Noguchi — icons of modern design — for home and business.
Throughout the years, the architectural and design community has acknowledged Herman Miller's leadership position in product innovation and design. Herman Miller continues to enhance and expand their offering of systems, freestanding furniture, and seating to support the continuing changes in commercial work environments and homes.View other products from Herman Miller