Embody® Chair - Quick Ship
Note: This product is no longer available.
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Bill Stumpf and Jeff Weber, 2008.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
Herman Miller's Embody® Chair offers unparalleled ergonomic fit and comfort. This task chair epitomizes luxury in its aesthetics, technical sophistication, and ergonomics.
Thoughtful engineering created a chair that allows the body to move naturally into the most healthful seated postures. Its Pixelated Support™ technology creates dynamic seat and back surfaces that automatically conform to movement and evenly distribute weight. Its frameless, narrow back adapts to the curvature of the spine and allows arms and shoulders to move freely. And its new tilt technology stabilizes the pelvis and supports the spine all the time.
Embody features Adjustable Seat Depth, Adjustable Seat Height, options for no Arms or Fully Adjustable Arms, Adjustable BackFit™ and Adjustable Tilt Limiter.
Available in other non-Quick Ship options, see Embody® Chair.
- Visit our Herman Miller Chair Guide to help you determine which chair is right for you
- Designed for users who spend the vast majority of their time at the keyboard
- Chair encourages a reclined position for working — this is considered the most healthful posture for computer users
- Shifting weight to the chair's back reduces compression of the spine and helps the head and eyes stay aligned with computer display screens
- Ensures that lower-back support remains constant, with no adjustments needed (whether you have a tendency to lean forward or recline at the desk)
- Textile seating uses the kind of spacer and knit constructions used in sneakers and geo-textiles; Textiles are breathable, translucent, and have "loft" for a cushy feel
- Arm choices include no arms or fully adjustable arms that adjust 6" vertically and 6" horizontally
- Seat depth adjusts from 15-18" in six locking positions
- Tilt supports the thoracic spine and stabilizes the pelvis through a deep, balanced recline
- Tilt limiter allows the user to limit the amount of recline
- 5-star base
- Recipient, APP International Plastics Design Competition award, 2009; Best of NeoCon Silver in the Ergonomic Desk/Task Seating category, 2009; WIRED Magazine "Best of 2008"; Yahoo Tech "Best of Tech", 2008; People's Choice at National Ergonomics Conference and Exhibition, 2008
- Ships fully assembled
- 95% recyclable and US-made, using 42% recycled content
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle® Silver certified (depending on configuration), GREENGUARD® certified
- Tested and warranted for use by persons 300 pounds and under
- Backed by Herman Miller's 12 Year Warranty: View Here
Designer: Jeff Weber
As a kid, Jeff Weber was fascinated by the way things worked. "I was always tinkering - either building things or tearing them apart," he says. Watching his mechanical talents develop, his grandfather suggested that he consider becoming an industrial designer. Once he learned more, "I never really thought about doing anything else," recalls Weber.
Today he uses his considerable talents to improve the human condition by designing products that enhance people's lives - at home and at work. "There should always be a human benefit associated with whatever it is we're designing," he explains. "It's all about the experience, stimulating a person's senses in a positive or beneficial way."
With an emphasis on results, an integral and important aspect in his design process is research. When designing Herman Miller's Embody chair, for example, Weber and the Herman Miller team spent nearly two years talking with experts in various fields of medicine, from specialists in upper-extremity conditions to optometrists and neurologists. It was all in an effort to gain a real understanding of what it takes "to support a body in space in a healthful way and enable motion at the same time," he says. Studio Weber + Associates is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.View other products by Jeff Weber
Manufacturer: Herman MillerHerman Miller has been dedicated to design for more than 75 years. With a design legacy that began under the leadership of Gilbert Rohde and George Nelson in the 1930s and 40s, the company gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture collection by the early 1950s, with chairs, sofas and tables for home and office by designers like Charles & Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. These icons of modern design developed products that still endure today. And, through continued innovation at the company and a new generation of designers and ideas, the products that Herman Miller makes today will endure for decades to come. Herman Miller works for a better world around you. They do this by designing furnishings that improve the human experience - from pioneering the way for ergonomic office seating and furniture to stewarding environmental leadership in its business and manufacturing processes, product material usage and product life cycles. Herman Miller's longstanding commitment to the world around us continues to drive design solutions for the modern home and workspace. The company continues to develop its designer relationships with names like Yves Behar, Jeff Weber and Studio 7 adding lighting, storage and office collections to its catalog of design classics. View other products from Herman Miller
Compare: $1,049.00 5 out of 5 (3)