Embody® Chair - Quick Ship
Note: This product is no longer available.
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Bill Stumpf and Jeff Weber, 2008.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
Herman Miller's Embody® Chair offers unparalleled ergonomic fit and comfort. This task chair epitomizes luxury in its aesthetics, technical sophistication, and ergonomics.
Thoughtful engineering created a chair that allows the body to move naturally into the most healthful seated postures. Its Pixelated Support™ technology creates dynamic seat and back surfaces that automatically conform to movement and evenly distribute weight. Its frameless, narrow back adapts to the curvature of the spine and allows arms and shoulders to move freely. And its new tilt technology stabilizes the pelvis and supports the spine all the time.
Embody features Adjustable Seat Depth, Adjustable Seat Height, options for no Arms or Fully Adjustable Arms, Adjustable BackFit™ and Adjustable Tilt Limiter.
Available in other non-Quick Ship options, see Embody® Chair.
- Visit our Herman Miller Chair Guide to help you determine which chair is right for you
- Designed for users who spend the vast majority of their time at the keyboard
- Chair encourages a reclined position for working — this is considered the most healthful posture for computer users
- Shifting weight to the chair's back reduces compression of the spine and helps the head and eyes stay aligned with computer display screens
- Ensures that lower-back support remains constant, with no adjustments needed (whether you have a tendency to lean forward or recline at the desk)
- Textile seating uses the kind of spacer and knit constructions used in sneakers and geo-textiles; Textiles are breathable, translucent, and have "loft" for a cushy feel
- Arm choices include no arms or fully adjustable arms that adjust 6" vertically and 6" horizontally
- Seat depth adjusts from 15-18" in six locking positions
- Tilt supports the thoracic spine and stabilizes the pelvis through a deep, balanced recline
- Tilt limiter allows the user to limit the amount of recline
- 5-star base
- Recipient, APP International Plastics Design Competition award, 2009; Best of NeoCon Silver in the Ergonomic Desk/Task Seating category, 2009; WIRED Magazine "Best of 2008"; Yahoo Tech "Best of Tech", 2008; People's Choice at National Ergonomics Conference and Exhibition, 2008
- Ships fully assembled
- 95% recyclable and US-made, using 42% recycled content
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle® Silver certified (depending on configuration), GREENGUARD® certified
- Tested and warranted for use by persons 300 pounds and under
- Backed by Herman Miller's 12 Year Warranty: View Here
Designer: Jeff Weber
As a kid, Jeff Weber was fascinated by the way things worked. "I was always tinkering - either building things or tearing them apart," he says. Watching his mechanical talents develop, his grandfather suggested that he consider becoming an industrial designer. Once he learned more, "I never really thought about doing anything else," recalls Weber.
Today he uses his considerable talents to improve the human condition by designing products that enhance people's lives - at home and at work. "There should always be a human benefit associated with whatever it is we're designing," he explains. "It's all about the experience, stimulating a person's senses in a positive or beneficial way."
With an emphasis on results, an integral and important aspect in his design process is research. When designing Herman Miller's Embody chair, for example, Weber and the Herman Miller team spent nearly two years talking with experts in various fields of medicine, from specialists in upper-extremity conditions to optometrists and neurologists. It was all in an effort to gain a real understanding of what it takes "to support a body in space in a healthful way and enable motion at the same time," he says. Studio Weber + Associates is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.View other products by Jeff Weber
Manufacturer: Herman Miller
Herman Miller has had a huge international following since the 1950's, including collections of modern furniture designed by icons like the Eameses, Girard, Nelson, and Noguchi.Herman Miller is a recognized innovator in contemporary home, healthcare, and office furniture design. Commitment to integrity in product quality and business relationships have developed through partnerships with some of the century's most outstanding designers.
By the early 1950s, Herman Miller gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture designs by the Eameses, Girard, Nelson, and Noguchi — icons of modern design — for home and business.
Throughout the years, the architectural and design community has acknowledged Herman Miller's leadership position in product innovation and design. Herman Miller continues to enhance and expand their offering of systems, freestanding furniture, and seating to support the continuing changes in commercial work environments and homes.View other products from Herman Miller