SAYL™ Work ChairPrice: $459.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Yves Béhar, 2010.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
Live life unframed. Herman Miller teamed with industrial designer Yves Béhar to create the SAYL® Basic Work Chair. Stripping down all assumptions and conventions, the team built this chair from the bottom up, with the user fully in mind. That resulted in a literally unframed design. It adapts to the user's shape and movements. And it easily slips into any space and complements the objects around it. The SAYL® Basic Work Chair goes beyond expectations by combining the right support, optimal comfort, adjustable, intuitive controls and minimal materials - all with an extremely small environmental impact. It is everything a Herman Miller chair should be…at a very attainable price.
The SAYL Basic Work Chair includes Standard Height-Range, Tilt Limiter, Fixed Arms and Fixed Seat Depth and a 5-star base.
- Visit our Herman Miller Chair Guide to help you determine which chair is right for you
- Standard Height-Range adjusts from 16-20.5" with use of pneumatic cylinder
- Chair swivels 360°
- Fixed arms are removable without special tools
- Fixed Seat Depth option is fixed/unmovable at 16" deep
- Y-Tower/Base, back suspension, arm pad finish, and upholstered seating available in a range of colors
- 5-star base with caster options
- Support is molded directly into the seat back structure
- Inspired by the principles of suspension bridges (and specifically the Golden Gate Bridge, located near Béhar's fuseproject in San Francisco)
- Boasts a frameless back with Y-Tower support structure
- Combined with its 3D Intelligent suspension back material, SAYL's seat encourages a full range of movement
- Tactile controls are intuitive and adjust easily to the user
- Produced with an extremely small environmental impact, using fewer materials in inventive ways to make the chair attainable for more people
- Fewer parts and less material ultimately mean less cost and a smaller carbon footprint
- 92% recyclable and US-made, using 100% green technology
- Ships Knocked Down, no tools required for assembly
- Backed by Herman Miller's 12 Year Warranty: View Here
Designer: Yves Behar
Yves Béhar is a thinker. And one thing he thinks about a lot is the future. You can see it in his designs — from his reflective red-lacquered laptop for Toshiba to his elegant closed-toe Footprints for Birkenstock to his refined Aliph Jawbone Headset for cell phones. "I believe design's purpose is not only to show us the future, but to bring us the future," he states.
Yves Behar is the founder of the San Francisco design studio, fuseproject. Yves is focused on humanistic design and the "giving" element of his profession.View other products by Yves Behar
Manufacturer: Herman Miller
Herman Miller®. Designing and building a better world around you.
Herman Miller has been dedicated to design for more than 75 years. With a design legacy that began under the leadership of Gilbert Rohde and George Nelson in the 1930s and 40s, the company gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture collection by the early 1950s, with chairs, sofas and tables for home and office by designers like Charles & Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. These icons of modern design developed products that still endure today. And, through continued innovation at the company and a new generation of designers and ideas, the products that Herman Miller makes today will endure for decades to come.
Herman Miller works for a better world around you. They do this by designing furnishings that improve the human experience - from pioneering the way for ergonomic office seating and furniture to stewarding environmental leadership in its business and manufacturing processes, product material useage and product life cycles. Herman Miller's longstanding commitment to the world around us continues to drive design solutions for the modern home and workspace. The company continues to develop its designer relationships with names like Yves Behar, Jeff Weber and Studio 7 adding lighting, storage and office collections to its catalog of design classics.View other products from Herman Miller