Eames® OttomanPrice: $1,369.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Charles & Ray Eames, 1956.
Made in the U.S.A. by Herman Miller.
The Eames® Ottoman Chair showcases timeless luxury translated into modern form. Designed as a companion piece for the Eames® Lounge Chair, the Eames Ottoman has set an enduring standard for comfort and elegance. Built by hand, just as it was originally, the meticulously constructed ottoman includes a rich wood veneer shell with supple leather upholstered seating.
The luxurious Eames® Ottoman features a molded veneer shells, 6" thick foam cushion with leather upholstery, and black enameled base with polished aluminum trim. The cushion is individually upholstered and replaceable and shock mounts are resilient natural rubber. The shell is made of a durable seven-ply wood veneer with base brace in die-cast aluminum. All pieces are hand assembled here in the U.S., and are produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests.
- Also available in White Ashor Ebony models
- Durable 7-ply wood veneer shell
- 6" thick foam cushion, individually upholstered in leather offered in a range of colors/grades
- Black enameled base with polished aluminum trim
- Upholstered and replaceable cushion
- Resilient shock mount made of natural rubber
- Base brace in die-cast aluminum
- All pieces are hand assembled in the U.S.A.
- Veneer produced from wood harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests
- Available in several wood finishes
- Oiled finishes closely match the look and feel that was originally offered on this design and gives veneers a lustrous appearance; oiled finishes need to be maintained for years of enjoyment
- 24% recycled materials used in constructing the ottoman, which is 65% recyclable
- Backed by Herman Miller's 5 Year Warranty: View Here
Designer: Charles + Ray Eames
A chair that looked like a potato chip. Another that resembled a "well-used first baseman's mitt." A folding screen that rippled...
With a grand sense of adventure, Charles and Ray Eames turned their curiosity and boundless enthusiasm into creations that established them as a truly great husband-and-wife design team. Their unique synergy led to a whole new look in furniture. Lean and modern. Playful and functional. Sleek, sophisticated, and beautifully simple. That was and is the "Eames look."
That look and their relationship with Herman Miller started with molded plywood chairs in the late 1940s and includes the world-renowned Eames lounge chair, now in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.View other products by Charles + Ray Eames
Manufacturer: Herman Miller
Herman Miller®. Designing and building a better world around you.
Herman Miller has been dedicated to design for more than 75 years. With a design legacy that began under the leadership of Gilbert Rohde and George Nelson in the 1930s and 40s, the company gained a worldwide following for its modern furniture collection by the early 1950s, with chairs, sofas and tables for home and office by designers like Charles & Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson, and Isamu Noguchi. These icons of modern design developed products that still endure today. And, through continued innovation at the company and a new generation of designers and ideas, the products that Herman Miller makes today will endure for decades to come.
Herman Miller works for a better world around you. They do this by designing furnishings that improve the human experience - from pioneering the way for ergonomic office seating and furniture to stewarding environmental leadership in its business and manufacturing processes, product material useage and product life cycles. Herman Miller's longstanding commitment to the world around us continues to drive design solutions for the modern home and workspace. The company continues to develop its designer relationships with names like Yves Behar, Jeff Weber and Studio 7 adding lighting, storage and office collections to its catalog of design classics.View other products from Herman Miller