Amia Leather Design Option Office ChairPrice: $1,369.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
The Amia Chair is made for long hours of sitting, with comfort you can feel all day long. Tucked inside the trim backrest of this hard-working chair is one of its sitting secrets — the patent-pending LiveLumbar™, a system of flexors that contour to fit your spine, giving you continuous support as you move in your chair throughout the day. With Amia's other made-for-comfort features, like 4-way adjustable arms, adjustable seat depth and seat height, and a flexible front seat edge, you can create the position that's ideal for you.
The Amia series of chairs features a calm and refined design — an alternative to expressly technical ergonomic chairs. Innovations such as the adjustable LiveLumbar™ mechanism are incorporated into the overall shape of the chair, rather than exposed on the outside. Two handles on the chair's backrest let you slide the LiveLumbar to your ideal position.
- Sewn leather upholstery on the back, seat, and arm caps
- Synchro-tilt mechanism with 5" pneumatic seat-height adjustment and upright back lock
- 7" pneumatic seat-height adjustment is available as an option
- 4-way adjustable arms (height, width, pivot and depth)
- 3" seat depth adjustment
- Flexible seat edge that relieves pressure on the back of your legs as you recline or lean forward
- Five-arm swivel base is made of polished aluminum with 2½" diameter hard-composition, dual-wheel casters (optional soft casters for hard floors are available)
- Frame and arms have a platinum finish
- Designed to accommodate multiple users of various sizes with a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Arrives fully assembled and includes the manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Contains up to 97% recyclable materials
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold, BIFMA level™ 2
- MBDC Silver Cradle to Cradle® certified
Watch and learn how to adjust the Amia Office Chair:
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase