cobi Swivel ChairPrice: $449.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Automatic comfort — the cobi™ series of chairs offers one manual adjustment (seat height), the rest is taken care of for you. The weight-activated mechanism naturally puts you in the best position of comfort right from the start. When you first sit in cobi, it senses your center of gravity and adjusts to the position that will put the least amount of stress on your body, while still keeping you properly oriented and supported.
Every part of cobi was designed to flex and adjust to your body. The chair's top flexing edge lets you comfortably rest your arm on top of the chair while the flexing seat encourages you to move and shift, allowing you to sit centered or off to the sides. And the flexing back contours to support any posture your body needs at any given moment. cobi flexes where you need it and supports you where it counts, matching your moves so you always stay comfortable.
- Recipient of the Silver award in the conference chair category (NeoCon 2008)
- Fashion-forward swivel chair is available with or without arms
- 5" pneumatic seat-height adjustment
- Five-arm base with 2½" diameter, hard composition, dual-wheel casters (soft casters are available for hard floors)
- Designed to accommodate multiple users of various sizes with a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Arrives fully assembled and includes the manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Contains up to 90% recyclable materials
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold and BIFMA level™ 2 certified
Material(s): Powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, polyester fabric
- Overall: 24.75" W X 23.25" D X 34-39" H
- Seat: 18.75" W X 19.5" D
- Seat Height: 15.5-20.5"
- Functional Seat Depth: 17.87"
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase