New GESTURE™ Office Chair - Fully CustomizablePrice: $979.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Launched at NeoCon 2013, the groundbreaking Gesture™ Work Chair was inspired by the movement of the human body and designed for the interface between user and technology. Today's modern workspace finds us moving between tablets, laptops, desktops, cell phones, notebooks and more. To examine these new working dynamics, Steelcase conducted a global posture study in which they observed 2,000 people in 11 countries in a wide range of postures. What they discovered was nine postures that have resulted from new technologies and their associated behaviors. This is where Gesture™ picks up. It is a chair as advanced as today's technology, offering support where it has not previously existed.
- Winner of the 24th annual "Best of NeoCon" Award
- Available with Wrapped (upper back upholstered at top) or Plastic (fully exposed shell back) seat back
- Available in a range of customizable frame/upholstery finishes or in pre-configured models
- Supports various body types and sitting preferences, adjusting quickly to each individual user
- Back and seat are a synchronized system, moving with each user in continuous and persistent support
- Back cradles the user, no matter the posture
- Core equalizer provides just the right amount of lumbar support in any angle of recline
- Back tension and variable back stop with four positions are standard
- Standard pneumatic adjustment mechanism, available in 3 height ranges
- Chair arms move like the human arm, supporting the widest range of arm movement
- Arms and shoulders remain supported when texting, typing or using a tablet
- 360-arm enables 360° of motion to give arm support where it is needed with one release
- 3D LiveBack moves with the shape of the user's spine as sitting positions change
- Soft arm caps independently pivot 15° inward and outward to accommodate user preferences
- Arm width, height and depth adjust to provide arm, forearm and elbow support
- Seat is designed to bring comfort to the perimeter, allowing users to sit in a range of postures
- Passive seat edge angle flexes to relieve pressure under the user's thighs
Watch and learn how easily Gesture adjusts for ergonomic comfort.
Watch and learn how Gesture was designed.
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase