Leap Leather Office ChairPrice: $1,359.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
A healthier way to sit — the ergonomic Leap series of chairs by Steelcase conforms to your body, rather than the other way around, encouraging movement which helps reduce pressure on the spine, sends oxygen to your muscles, and increases blood flow to your brain. Leap's patented LiveBack® technology changes shape to mimic the movement of your spine while the Natural Glide System™ enables you to comfortably recline without straining your eyes, neck, or arms. With an exceptional range of adjustments, Leap delivers full support for various body shapes and sizes.
- 3" seat depth adjustment and 5" pneumatic seat height adjustment ensure long term comfort (7" pneumatic seat-height adjustment is available as an option)
- Lower back firmness provides constant support while the adjustable lumbar fits the curve of your spine
- Upper back force controls the precise amount of "push back" as you recline and the variable back stop sets the angle of recline to one of five positions
- 4-way adjustable arms (height, width, pivot and depth) keep your arms, shoulders, and neck properly aligned while the flexible seat edge relieves pressure on the back of your legs as you recline/lean forward
- Features a leather seat and back
- Soft black plastic arm caps
- Optional adjustable headrest is available with a Black plastic shell and matching upholstery
- Headrest adds 6¾-9" to the overall height of the chair
- Five-arm swivel base has 2½" diameter hard-composition, dual-wheel casters (optional soft casters for hard floors are available)
- Standard frame/base finish is black with an optional platinum finish available
- Designed to accommodate multiple users of various sizes with a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Every material, every stage of a Leap chair's life, is designed to respect and nurture human and environmental health
- Up to 98% recyclable and contains no hazardous materials
- SCS Indoor Advantage™, BIFMA level™ 2
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle® certified
- Arrives fully assembled and includes the manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
Material(s): Powder-coated steel, glass reinforced nylon, polypropylene, leather
- Overall: 27" W X 21.75-24.75" D X 38.5-43.5" H
- Seat: 19.25" W X 15.75-18.75" D
- Seat Height: 15.5-20.5"
Download Specifications: 1
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase