Leap WorkLoungePrice: $2,499.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Shift, wiggle, lean forward or back; changing your posture is the healthy thing to do and the Leap Worklounge supports all these shifts. Research has shown that workers change their posture hundreds of times a day without even knowing it. Movement, Orientation, Fit and Sustainability are the four simple principles of Steelcase's "Alive Seating" embodied by the Leap Worklounge to create a chair that moves and adjusts in response to these shifts. A flexible seat back supporting the low back, a flexible seat edge to reduce leg pressure, and tension adjustment are just a few of the Alive Seating benefits. LiveBack mimics the natural shape of the spine while the Natural Glide seat allows reclining without changing the vision and reach zone for the user's ultimate comfort. The Leap Worklounge was designed specifically for people who like a deep recline when working and demand an environmentally responible product.
- Fully upholstered outer back
- Standard Ribbon Back frame
- Lower back firmness adjust with only two complete turns
- Upper back force accommodates a broad range of users
- Standard variable back stop with five positions
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment within a 3" range
- Headrest and flip-up pillow provide neck and head support
- LiveBack moves with the shape of the user's spine for support
- Fixed arms with extra padding for forearm support and comfort
- Lumbar pillow for extra lumbar support
- Extra thick seat cushion
- Five-arm base with choice of glides, carpet casters or hard wood casters
- Polished alluminum frame on ribbon back frame, arm supports, base and casters
- Natural Glide provides reclining without changing the vision and reach zone.
- 98% recyclable by weight and made of up to 30% recycled content (depending on options selected)
- Does not contain PVC's, CFC's, solvents, chrome, benzene, lead or mercury
- Recipient of the Silver Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from MBCD
- Indoor Advantage™ certifications from Scientific Certification Systems for low emissions
- Back cushions, seat assembly, arms and lumbar support can be added, changed or replaced at any time
Material(s): Polished aluminum, powder coat steel, polypropolene, fabric, leather
- Overall: 31.5"W X 26.5"D X 43.5-48.5"H
- Height with Glides: 43.5-46.5" H
- Height with Castors: 45.5" - 48.5" H
- Seat: 19"W X 18.5-20.5D
- Seat Height with Glides: 14.5-17.5" H
- Seat Height with Casters: 16.5-19.5" H
- Back Width: 20.5" W
- Width Between Arms: 19" W
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase