Sale Siento Mid-Back ChairNow: $1,655.10
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
Design by Jorge Pensi.
Ergonomic comfort and modern design merge to create the sophisticated Mid-back Siento Chair. Cleverly concealed beneath this slim chair's full upholstery, Steelcase's LiveBack® technology provides superior comfort and support that moves with you. Keeping high-end offices and executives in mind, Siento is furniture friendly without any exposed parts. The flexible seat edge keeps pressure off the back of the thighs while the synchro-tilt mechanism serves synchronized back movement and keeps feet flat on the floor. Cradle to Cradle certified, Siento supplies ergonomic comfort and modern design in an environmentally friendly office chair. Select from carpet or hard floor casters and a variety of colors.
- Fully upholstered outer back
- Adjustable lower back tension
- Upper back switch lock
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment within a 5" range
- Soft black urethane or upholstered T-arms
- LiveBack moves with the shape of the user's spine for support
- Fixed arms with extra padding for forearm support and comfort
- Furniture friendly with no exposed parts
- Five-arm polished aluminum base with carpet or hard floor casters
- Polished alluminum frame on ribbon back frame, arm supports, base and casters
- Synchro-tilt mechanism provides synchronized back movement while feet remain on floor
- 91% recyclable and made of up to 28% recycled content
- PVC and chrome free
- Recipient of the Silver Cradle to Cradle™ Product Certification from MBCD
- Level ™ 2 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard
Designer: Jorge Pensi
Jorge Pensi was born in 1946 in Buenos Aires, where in 1969 he obtained a degree in architecture and industrial design. In 1975 he moved to Spain, first to Alicante and then to Barcelona, where he collaborated with Grupo Berenguer until 1984. In 1985 he set up his own studio, specialising in furniture design. He has worked with some of the most important Spanish, Italian, French, German and American companies. Furthermore, he has received numerous awards and acknowledgements for his products, and in particular the National Design Award in 1997.View other products by Jorge Pensi
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase