Think Leather Office ChairPrice: $999.00
Click on a swatch to view other color options.
So simple, you don't even have to think about it. The Think Chair by Steelcase is intelligent enough to understand how you sit and adjust itself intuitively. Because the seat is weight-activated and the back moves with your body, any body can get comfortable. The Think Chair has just a few manual adjustments — and they don't require a manual to explain.
Every stage of the Think Chair's life has been considered — from materials extraction through production, shipping, use, and end of life. The result is a chair that is lightweight, consists of up to 37% recycled material and is up to 98% recyclable. The environmental steps taken during the development of Think led the way for future products. The Think Chair was the first ever Cradle to Cradle® certified product and is available with Gold level certification. In 2009 the Think Chair became the first product ever to be level™ 3 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard. Think is SCS Indoor Advantage™ certified for indoor air quality and may help contribute toward LEED certification.
- Back flexors track with the natural movement of your spine and pelvis
- Each flexor is individually contoured to provide optimum support for each area of the back with no pressure points
- Seat flexors conform to your shape, providing a dynamic comfort pocket that can adapt to the body as posture changes
- Weight-activated mechanism provides recline support in proportion to your own body weight, while keeping you oriented to your work
- Comfort dial combines four comfort settings in one simple control
- Upholstered leather seat and back available in a wide range of colors
- 5" pneumatic seat-height adjustment (7" pneumatic seat-height adjustment is available as an option)
- 4-way adjustable arms (height, width, pivot and depth)
- 2" seat depth adjustment
- Flexible seat edge that relieves pressure on the back of your legs as you recline or lean forward
- Five-arm swivel base with optional polished aluminum finish, has 2½" diameter hard-composition, dual wheel casters
- Optional soft casters for hard floors available
- Standard frame finish is black with an optional platinum finish available
- Designed to accommodate multiple users of various sizes with a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- Arrives fully assembled and includes the manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty
- Lightweight, consisting of up to 37% recycled material and is up to 98% recyclable
- First ever Cradle to Cradle® certified product and is available with Gold level certification
- Level™ 3 certified to the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ certified for indoor air quality
The chair is comfortable and versatile for different spaces.
By: Peter I., Renter (Los Angeles)
I sat in this chair in several showrooms during my hunt for an office chair. The living room holds the desk so a large hulking office chair would not fit with the space. Luckily this chair fit the bill of looking great and is incredibly comfortable. YLiving worked well and the savings were substantial.
Steelcase is an American success story that goes back to 1912, when the brand was first founded as the Metal Office Furniture Company in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It received its first patent in 1914 for a steel wastebasket—a major advance at a time when straw wastebaskets were a major office fire hazard. That led to metal desks, filing cabinets, and chairs—an entire collection of office furnishings designed with an eye to high performance and cutting-edge technology. The brand, later renamed Steelcase, is now one of the world's leading office furniture manufacturers.
Steelcase continually studies how people work and incorporates that research into its design technology. The firm developed Leap, its best-selling ergonomic desk chair, incorporating a patented chair back that changes shape to support the spine as it moves. Steelcase's products are made with the utmost care and are quality approved by the industry's strictest manufacturing and environmental watchdogs. Steelcase offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on its products.View other products from Steelcase